ICF “AIDS Foundation East-West” (AFEW-Ukraine) announces a tender for consultancy services on rehabilitation – Study on Drug treatment (rehabilitation including detox) for PWUDs in EECA region.
Objectives for the consultancy
To conduct comprehensive study on Drug treatment (rehabilitation including detox) for PWUDs in 6 countries of EECA: Ukraine, Georgia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan and Russia
It is expected that the consultant will develop the research design and conduct the study in Ukraine, as well as coordinate the consultants in the other defined EECA countries and submit the final report based on the data received in all 6 counties. Together with the researchers in other countries the Research Consultant on Rehabilitation will provide an overview of the existing methods of rehabilitation in EECA countries and assess the quality of provided services though desk research, mapping of the regional situation with specific country cases, expert interviews and other relevant research methods.
The key tasks of the study:
- To collect exhaustive information on available rehabilitation methods and its legal regulations.
- To assess the quality of the rehab methods available and how it can be improved.
The tasks of the Research Consultant on Rehabilitation include:
- Developing design of the research, (development/review/adjustment of the research methods and tools, including guides for expert interviews, questionnaire etc.);
- Conducting desk research in Ukraine (collecting and analyzing data on existing rehab standards, protocols, studies and other relevant publications), compiling data submitted by researchers from other project countries;
- Analysis of legal and regulatory framework related to rehabilitation and drug treatment, based on the data collected in Ukraine and other project countries;
- Mapping of existing rehab services and description of its models/methods of rehabilitation used;
- Conducting interviews of experts;
- Data analyses and Reporting.
Expected Activities / Deliverables / Timeframe
Consultant is expected to implement the activities and produce the following by the suggested completion date.
|#||Activity||Product||Suggested Completion Date|
|1.||Development of Design of the research, including the tools for expert interviews.||A questionnaire to assess the quality of rehab services/ guide for expert interviews||by the end May 2017|
Providing study in Ukraine:
· Desk research (collecting and analyzing data on existing rehab standards, protocols, studies and other relevant publications);
· Analysis of the legal and regulatory framework;
· Mapping of existing rehab services and description of its models/methods of rehabilitation used;
· Expert interviews in Ukraine
|Collected data for Ukraine||by the end of July 2017|
Coordination of research in 5 selected countries of EECA (Georgia, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan and Russia) and collecting on-going data:
· Providing research tools, including guides for expert interviews/ questionnaire and other standardized research tools;
· Collecting data from the other countries.
|Collected data from 5 selected countries of EECA||by the end of August 2017|
|4.||Analyses of all information gathered from all 6 countries preparation of the Study report||1 Study Report||by the end of September 2017|
Note: All materials should be developed in English.
Duration of Assignment
5 months (May-September 2017)
Qualifications and Experience
- Good knowledge of national legislation regarding PWUD.
- Excellent analytical and research skills.
- General understanding of drug treatment methods and models.
- Ability to work in a team, establish effective working relations within the partnerships and networks of NGOs and GOs at the local and national levels.
- Strong communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to solve complex problems with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in computer skills.
Education, technical experience and requirements:
- Master of Public Health, Social Work, Sociology, Legal Studies and/or other relevant education to perform the consultancy tasks.
- Experience in research and data analysis.
- Knowledge of and/or experience in working in HIV service or/with PWUD, as well as basic understanding of rehabilitation methods and principles.
- Experience in writing reports.
Excellent English and Russian writing and oral skills.
Interested candidates must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
- Cover Letter (explaining why they are the most suitable to perform the work and deliver the outputs);
- Financial proposal (in total + calculations by completion each task);
- Examples of the similar works or any other additional relevant information.
Please submit the following documents by May 21st, 2017 to AFEW-Ukraine by e-mail: email@example.com with the subject “Research Consultant on Rehabilitation”.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
You can download the details here: Call for tender for research consultancy services on rehabilitation.