International Scientific and Practical Conference “Effective approaches to working with adolescents with substance use experience”
18-20 November 2015
improving the system of working with adolescents with substance use experience at the regional and national levels, identifying the most effective approaches to provide preventive, social, psychological and correctional services.
- to present innovative methods and approaches in working with the adolescents with substance use experience;
- to present the findings and achievements of the project “Bridging the Gaps: Health and Rights for Key Populations” that has been implemented since 2011 by the International Charitable Foundation “AIDS Foundation East-West” (AFEW-Ukraine) “ with the financial support of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands;
- to facilitate the exchange of experience and establishing partnerships between professionals working in the field of providing assistance to the adolescents with substance use experience;
- to actualize the need to create/improve standards on providing social services, as well as certification of specialists and programmes in respect to the target group;
- to present international experience on working with underage juvenile offenders and discuss prospects for the development and implementation of juvenile justice;
- to assist in ensuring human rights of the most-at-risk adolescents.
- Materials developed within the project “Bridging the Gaps: Health and Rights for Key Populations”:
Training and video materials describing the best practices of work with adolescents with substance use experience;
• Guidelines on protection of the human rights of minors;
• Training module on teaching adolescents about their rights and responsibilities.
- Materials suggested by partner organizations.
Forms of work:
- Plenary sessions;
- Interactive seminars and workshops;
- Interactive area (video clips, poster presentations, prevention games etc.).
Participants: 200 experts from all regions of Ukraine, as well as international experts and active clients of HIV prevention programs.
Working language: Russian (with translation into English).
All costs of the event (including flight and train tickets, accommodation and meals) are covered by the International Charitable Foundation “AIDS Foundation East-West” (AFEW-Ukraine).