Instituonalization of health promotion and HIV prevention in the educational system of Ukraine Department of correction
|MATRA||July 2006 – July 2010||EUR 595,614||Department of Corrections, Mainline Foundation|
- Prison medical staff;
- Prison psychologists;
- Prison security staff;
- Teaching/training staff of the Main Department of Corrections;
- Female and male inmates.
- In close collaboration with the specialists of Department of Corrections AFEW developed curricula for health promotion and HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment, care and support in prisons for five target groups. The curricula is being used by the educational institutions of the Department of Corrections;
- A National Resource and Training Centre has been established within the structure of the State Department of Corrections;
- Teams of national and regional trainers within the Department of Corrections resource and training centre are equipped with knowledge and skills to continue independent training;
- Five target groups in three colonies of selected regions of Ukraine were trained by AFEW and by national trainers of the Department of Corrections to provide a tangible and practical basis for curriculum development and piloting;
- AFEW updated, published and distributed the curricula and additional training materials for prison staff and inmates.
- A team of 25 national trainers was trained and approved by the Department of Corrections to conduct further training;
- Four regional resource centres and one National resource and training centre equipped and functioning;
- A total of 447 prison staff from all regions of Ukraine was trained;
- Curriculum for all prison staff categories was developed, printed and distributed;
- Developed curriculum introduced in the professional training system of penitentiary staff.